Rotorua, Bay Of Plenty Climate & Temperature
- Rotorua, Bay Of Plenty, New Zealand is at 38°7'S, 176°18'E, 294 m (965 ft). See map.
- Rotorua, Bay Of Plenty has a marine west coast climate that is mild with no dry season, warm summers. Heavy precipitation occurs during mild winters which are dominated by mid-latitude cyclones. Seasonality is moderate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cfb).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Rotorua, Bay Of Plenty is situated in or near the cool temperate steppe biome.
- The average annual temperature is 12.8 degrees Celsius (55 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 10.2 °C (18.4°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype barely hyperoceanic.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 12.7°C (54.8°F) on average falling to 3.3°C (38°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 18°C (64.4°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 6.7°C (44°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 23°C (73.4°F) and average low temperatures are 11.7°C (53°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 19°C (66.2°F) during the day and lows of 8.3°C (47°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1466 mm (57.7 inches) which is equivalent to 1466 Litres/m² (35.96 Gallons/ft²).
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Rotorua, Bay Of Plenty you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Ciudad Real, Spain where you would find a Mediterranean climate (Warm temperate thorn steppe biome).
Rotorua, Bay Of Plenty Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Rotorua, Bay Of Plenty Climate Graph in Metric Units
Rotorua, Bay Of Plenty Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Rotorua, Bay Of Plenty, New Zealand Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides: